Rapid test is a medical diagnostic test which yields instant results.Point-of-care testing (POCT), sometimes referred to as near-patient or bedside testing or rapid testing, is defined as testing done at the site of patient care with rapid turnaround of results that enables immediate diagnosis and treatment plans.Simple/Rapid tests are designed for use where a preliminary screening test result is required and are especially useful in resource-limited countries
- High quality, easy-to-use tests for use in resource poor settings.
- Tests based on agglutination, immuno-dot, immuno-chromatographic and/or immuno-filtration techniques.
- Quick and easy to perform ? 10 minutes to 2 hours ? and require little or no additional equipment.
- Are designed for use with individual or a limited number of samples, which make them more economical then ELISAs in low throughput laboratories.
- Possibility to store at room temperature for extended period of time.
- Same-day results provide timely treatment interventions.